General Information: The pool is open from dawn to 10:00 PM* daily. The lifeguard is on duty from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM daily from Memorial Day through the Cobb County Schools summer break. After school commences in August, the lifeguard is on duty on weekends only through Labor Day. When the lifeguard is not on duty, all swimmers must either be an adult (18 years or older) or accompanied by an adult member.
* To respect our neighbors, early morning and late evening swimmers are asked to keep noise to a minimum. Pool hours will be extended for special occasions and events approved by the board.
- All members are required to exhibit their membership badges and are responsible for the cost involved in replacing any lost or stolen membership badges and/or keys.Members must have their badges and without them, may be asked to leave. Only members in good standing will be issued badges and keys.
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an attendant 14 years of age or older with the lifeguard on duty. The attending 14 year old is responsible for the child. Children 10 and over must pass a swim proficiency test given by the lifeguard in order to swim without supervision.
- Infants and children under 3 years of age are not allowed in the pool unless accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Infants and children not toilet trained are not permitted in either pool without protective pants.
- Members must register each of their guests at the lifeguard station. Overnight guests have unlimited privileges. Local guests are limited to two pool privileges per month.
- Except for swimming aids for use in the shallow end, any toys, floats, or swimming equipment must be approved by the lifeguards prior to use in or around the pool. Please remember that the lifeguard may require toys, floats, and swimming equipment be removed from the pool at any time.
- No running, pushing, or general roughhousing is permitted in or around the pool. Conduct unbecoming to a member or guest will result in expulsion from the pool.
- 1st Offense: Expulsion for the day
- 2nd Offense: Expulsion for one week
- 3rd Offense: Privileges suspended until Board meets
Individual will be brought to the Board for action. For consistent enforcement the lifeguard will make a written report on improper behavior and disciplinary action taken.
- Smoking is not permitted within 6 feet of pool edge and only by adults 21 years or older.
- Swimming apparel will be limited to that commonly accepted. Cut-offs or street clothes are not allowed.
- No glass containers shall be brought into the pool area. Snacks and picnicking is permitted in the extended deck area.
- Every hour on the hour there will be a 15 minute rest period for the lifeguard and swimmers under 18 years of age. Adults (18 years or older) and infants 3 years of age or younger accompanied by an adult may swim at their own risk during these breaks.
- The lifeguard is in complete charge of the bathers in and around the pool and is not to be distracted while on duty.
- All members and guests are expected to respect the pool facilities by helping maintain clean sanitary conditions at all times. Each member or guest is responsible for proper disposal of trash. Littering will not be tolerated.
- Chairs, tables and lounges are arranged to provide reasonable access around the pool. Relocating these amenities is certainly permitted, provided they are returned to their original locations before leaving the pool.
- The clubhouse is closed to all people during normal pool hours. Members may reserve the clubhouse for private use as available and after signing a waiver and presenting a cleaning deposit.
POOL CLOSING CHECKLIST
To ensure pool safety the last member leaving the pool is responsible to secure the pool area. Please verify:
1) The men’s and lady’s bathroom and bathroom hallway lights are turned Off.
2) The bathroom hallway door is Closed and Locked.
3) The back gate is Closed and Latched. It may be necessary to lift the gate to completely engage latch.
4) The submerged pool lights are Off.
5) The table umbrellas are Closed.
6) The front gate is Closed and Latched.